Happy Superbowl Sunday!

Oh yeah!  Oh yeah!  Channeling my inner-cheerleader.  Can you see me doing back flips?  Yes, I cannot tell a lie.  I was a cheerleader.  Oh, how I loved those skirts!  They were so delightfully flouncy!

I love Superbowl Sunday.

A.  Great football (usually).

B.  Even greater commercials (usually).

C.  Super fun junk food (usually – especially if I’m making it).

D.  After attending some sucky Superbowl parties, it’s become our tradition to stay home and watch so we can concentrate on the game and eat some damn tasty food (usually).

So, we’re having homemade guacamole – I keep it simple, avocados, cilantro, green onions and lime juice, with just a spritz of Tabasco.

Peppadews stuffed with fresh ricotta, drizzled with Italian balsamic.

Bagna cauda – Penny Watson inspired me – and of course Morimoto!  Anchovy with garlic and olive oil (thanks Penny for the Round Pond!) – but my own spin – and I’m using fresh steamed and chilled veggies as the dipper-agent.  Is that a word?  Steamed brocollini, radishes, brussel sprouts, radicchio, tiny red peppers and a small loaf of just-baked sourdough bread.

Cerignola olives that I have already rinsed (to get rid of any salt), and marinated in olive oil, sliced blood oranges, chili flakes and black pepper.

And I might make some deviled eggs.  No, I do not put pickle relish in my deviled eggs.  Hell no.  Gotta be a mix of mayo and Miracle Whip with horseradish and chili sauce.  Oh, and smoked paprika sprinkled on top.

Happy happy day!

Hey, remember the Valentine’s contest!  Never too late to enter.  What does the hero, Natan de Manua, do?  I mean, what was his occupation in both incarnations?

Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Happy Superbowl Sunday!

Happy Superbowl Sunday! Looking forward to the great food and commercials. :)

Horseradish in deviled eggs? I love that idea! I also put some vinegar in them. Do you do that, too?

The bagna cauda would be the perfect superbowl meal. I’m making nachos for the kids, and quesadillas for dinner (on my panini maker…hee hee!). Also making home-made guac and salsa.

Even though I can’t stand the Patriots, today is all about the big game. I live in Boston, so I have to suck it up.

Enjoy your day…didn’t recognize most of the food you mentioned as I’m mostly a beans and rice kinda girl… :-)

I’m off to listen to Josh Groban albums and draw some maps/plan stories. Everyone have a nice day.

OMG. I’ll be right over.

5. Hey Sandra, our door is always open!

6. Thanks, Anny. I know you’ll have a productive day!

7. Nope Penny, no vinegar. Never heard of it. I know some people put mustard in their deviled eggs, but we’re horseradish kinda people. Yeah, you better just suck it up, but I’d prefer the Giants since they beat our ‘Niners.

8. Oh, I know, Amber. Love those commercials!

Oh god, your home made food sounds to die for and please don’t mention cheerleaders again. We don’t really have them here but every time I see or here about one I think about that scene in the movie ‘A History of Violence’

I’ll post a photo in a mo of one of our ‘olive loving’ granddaughters

10. Too bad you and Ishbel can’t join us, Tom! Your granddaughter is darling!

11. yoshi says:

Dipper-agent? Would that be CIA, KGB or M15? There isn’t widespread consensus on the correct terminology here but I vote for just plain “dipper”.

12. M15 Yoshi. I like M15.

Sounds so yummy. I’m one of the sad freaks who never “got” football. So sending the old man off to Son’s house so they can all yell and stomp and have tons of fun, while I stay home and enjoy the peace and quiet and watch stupid movies (stupider the better, my guilty pleasure).

Have fun you all!

14. Jaye, all my boyfriends were tight ends. :)