Lawrence Ferlinghetti I ain’t.

But I do have a FREE BOOK for you!

My son’s tribute to Ferlinghetti:

picture
bo
oks
colors
i’ve seen on my pa
ges
and in
my dreams:
 in
retro spect

I’m hoping that by Saturday afternoon my book of poetry, Poems of Love and Hate, will be available for your Kindle!  Yes!  I’ll post a link as soon as the book is up.  (Should be active now.)

I could not have completed this small yet gargantuan task without the help of J. W. Manus.  First, she created the cover.  Second, her persistence is beyond belief; poetry is tough to format for an ereader.

Plus my short Cougarish short story, You Might Just Get It, is free from March 10-15.  If you have a Kindle, please enjoy.

Kate has locked herself out of her new apartment building for the third time in a week. She’s on the stoop in the rain, barefoot, shivering and soaked to the skin. Her neighbor, Eric, arrives home in the nick of time and lets her in. That’s twice now he’s saved the day. When he invites her for a quick supper, how can she say no?
Eric has been waiting for an opportunity to get to know Kate. His kitchen window faces hers across the courtyard and he noticed her right away. How could he not, with her lovely halo of short curls and her beautiful smile? When he finds her stranded on the stoop, he gets to play the hero. When she agrees to his dinner invitation, he hopes he’ll get to play a lot more than that.

I am reading two, count ‘em, two dynamite books – Sunshine, by Robin McKinley… which I am totally excited about, and Coming of Age in Mississippi, by Anne Moody.  I hear this nonfiction book is great, and it will help assuage some of my disappointment with The Help.

Tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Lawrence Ferlinghetti I ain’t.

Congrats on getting the book of Poems out. Looking forward to reading it. :)

Nice! I can’t wait. And I loved You Might Just Get It!

I can’t wait to read the “hate” poems, how wonderful!
    But I love the new cover for “You Might Just Get It”, it’s really beautiful.

You’re a poet! I read You Might Just Get It and I loved that one. And I think your new cover is very sex-ay, baby!

Congrats on your new release!

Thank you, Julia, for letting me play with your poetry. They’re wonderful poems and I hope readers enjoy them as much I did.

Looking forward to the Poetry, how many talents do you actually have hidden under your bushel?

7. Adding my congrats…I am looking forward to reading the poems…

8. Thanks, Savannah – and good luck with your upload! Can’t wait!

9. Tom, I have loads of stuff in my bushel basket! :) Started out writing poetry as a kid. Still love to read it no matter how uncool it is.

10. No, Jaye, thank you. You worked harder figuring out how to format the poems than I did writing them.

11. Thanks, Penny! This book of poetry is an experiment. Formatting for poetry is insane. Doesn’t translate well to an ereader.

12. Thanks, Kat! Jimmy Thomas…

13. Thank you, Casey. On both counts! :)

Congrats on the book of poetry! Very cool.