The reason it was known as the Black Death is because the swollen or infected lymph nodes become echymotic – bruised, black, the echymosis spreading over the body. Without treatment, two-thirds of those infected die within four days. The Bubonic Plague wiped out, oh, maybe as much as 60% of the European population in the infamous Calamitous Fourteenth Century. (That the Bubonic Plague inspired the children’s rhyme, Ring Around the Rosie, is a folktale. The rhyme appeared over 200 years later.)
So, how do I avoid catching the Bublogic Plague?
1. Never talk religion.
2. Never ever talk politics.
3. Never say mean things about hubby.
4. Never trash talk.
5. Never engage shitheads.
6. Always give my cat tuna when I move him off my keyboard.
7. Always post pictures of the dog and/or vegetables and/or hubby.
8. Always laugh at Martin Scorsese commercials.