Killin’ Time…

It’s hard to concentrate when I’m waiting for a phone call regarding my dad’s surgery date but I have managed to complete a few projects.

I made several big batches of tomato sauce and canned it.

I canned my spicy mustard zucchini relish.

Pickled some peppers, some green beans, some carrots.  Phew!  Wiping the sweat from my brow.

The massive yearly lemon harvest has begun.

Planted my fall root vegetable garden.

I’m still harvesting tomatoes, eggplant, chilies, green beans and celery.

Froze two batches of eggplant parm and a large mushroom lasagna with homemade tomato sauce.

Had to backtrack  a little on the anti-venom injections so I’m going twice a week again.  Annoying.  I took Jake with me today.  Bought him a couple of plain hamburgers from McDonald’s afterwards because he was so patient. It’s getting so he recognizes those Golden Arches when we pass.  A dog who loves drive-thrus.  Who’d a thunk it?

This entry was posted in Food, nature, Slightly Off Topic and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Killin’ Time…

LOL My chocolate lab knew Dunkin’ Dounuts because they always wanted to give him munchins when I went for coffee. I had to stop taking him when we got the second dog.
    Hope all is okay with your dad.

Your dog eats junk food!

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You’re the healthiest person I know. And your dog eats at McDonald’s! Ack!

Jake: pfft, Penny. Just hold the mustard.

Bigger Dog turns up his nose at french fries, except for those from McDonald’s.

Your bounty makes me drool, Julia. It all sounds delish.

4. Wow, you’ve been busy. I’d wrapped all my green tomatoes in newspapers before our first freeze. Now they’re all ripening at once. Time to make more salsa.
    Wishing the best for your dad.

Your harvest looks delicious!
    Prayers to you and your Dad.

6. Hey, SO you are in CA again! And Jake eats MCD’s I am surprised like Penny! Yikes. S

7. At least you are keeping busy doing something..I hope things go ok with all that you are dealing with..

8. Ah yes, I am keeping busy Savannah. :)

9. Of course Jake eats at MCD’s Steph and Penny! What dog doesn’t like a drive thru? But he likes his burgers plain and he won’t eat the bun. He’s fussy.

10. Thanks, Kat. Made Baba ganoush today with some of the eggplants.

11. Hi Stephanie – out here we can keep harvesting until December. Depends upon how cold the mornings are. It’s a little frosty but so far the garden is still going strong. We always wrapped our green tomatoes in newspaper back in Iowa.

12. Jaye – ;) Jake is such a picky eater if I can get him to eat a couple burgers I’m happy!

13. My dog loves McDonald’s Penny! :P

14. Dogs remember anything food related, Amber. Louie used to love going to the local Starbucks drive thru because they handed out dog treats to car dogs!

15. yoshi says:

Alas, another casualty of electronic publishing. It is very hard to wrap green tomatoes in my Kindle. All this and romance too? Your hubby is a lucky man.

16. Yes Yoshi, he is indeed. A very lucky man. ;)

17. yoshi says:

Ahem, you were going to describe God today and we are all waiting. Unless of course your garden produce is a metaphor for God.

18. Oh god, Yoshi, you’re right. I’ll get to it.

I hate you – no not really – just so jealous of your garden and the produce you have in it and what you do with it

And best to keep busy while waiting for news thinking of you constantly xx

20. Hey Tom. Be jealous. Be very jealous.