Oh Yes! Orgasmic eggs!

You all know I want chickens, right?  And you know the hubster refuses to let me have chickens, right?  Which means my chickens have to wait for my next life, right?  Along with my own milk cow, right?

Well… I found this free range chicken ranch just a couple miles from where we hike and the woman who lives there lets you come collect your own eggs.  They have like hundreds of chickens – all kinds.  Little black and white ones that can fly.  Big fat red-brown ones.  Gray ones.  Black ones.  Grey and white ones.  Ones with fluffy snow shoes on their feet.

$10 for 30 eggs.  Fun AND a bargain.

Free range eggs!

So my son asked if I was making breakfast for, are you listening Penny Watson?  A bunch of lumberjacks.  Nah, just us.

Now I have to go back to the kitchen and use the eggs to bake some pumpkin ginger bread with cream cheese icing.

This entry was posted in Food, humor, nature, popular culture, Slightly Off Topic and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Oh Yes! Orgasmic eggs!

1. It looks yummy and reminds me that I’m out of eggs. I may have to make a run to the store, because I’ll want some in the morning…or right now. Next time you go, I’d love to see some photos of the chickens. Everyone loves a chicken photo, right?

Yummy, yummy, yummy.

3. Love fresh eggs. California has so many cool things like “Pick Your Own Eggs.” Of course that must be where they got the pour your own soda idea for fast food. Next thing you know we’ll have “Clean Your Own Hotel Rooms.”

Hey just got up! I am only a little brilliant before coffee.
    Or perhaps not at all.

OMG! I have a love-fest with chickens, too. The last time I went to the farmer’s market they had the most beautiful multi-colored eggs there. Gorgeous!

I tried to talk my husband into getting chickens, also, and he reminded me that our friends had rats in their chicken coop. *shudder*

Get the chickens and hide them from hubster.

Get yourself some White Rocks for the eggs (they lay like mad) and then for fun get some araucanas–they lay Easter eggs! And don’t forget a goose or two or three to keep the coyotes and raccoons away. Just in case you’re worried about burglars, get some guinea fowl.

Put up a screen and hubster will never know they’re there.

6. Ooh, very specific, Jaye. I just call ‘em white, black, brown, red… guinea fowl also eat ticks, which is very helpful. The only problem with geese would be they’d also keep Jake out of the yard. Hubby says since I’ve found a place to collect farm fresh eggs I no longer need to think about getting my own hens. He’s so damn pragmatic.

7. I tell you, Penny, I really want chickens and I can keep them in my roofed, fenced dog run since the dog has never ever used it. But I think this place will work out. It was fun. Reminded me of my days on the kibbutz, working in the chicken farm, the lul.

8. Hi Steph. I did indeed learn to make my own soda out here in California! And yes, there are little cards in hotel rooms asking how much service we would like. :)

9. Amber – totally yummy!

10. Hey Brian, when I was out there walking through the herds of chickens I thought about pulling out my cell phone for a photo but I wasn’t quite sure if that was allowed. I will next time. Chickens are surprisingly cute, unless they are roosters with their talons dug into your scalp, which did happen to me once.

11. hubby says:

Incompatible pairs:
    Great White Sharks-Seals
    Cattle Ranchers-Wolves
    Mobsters-FBI agents
    Democrats-Republicans
    German Shepherd Dogs-Chickens
    ’nuff said

12. Dear Hubby – Ha. Ha. Very funny.

Hee hee hee! I thought that was pretty funny!