My husband broke my Cylon toaster

and then he complained about it and said he never liked it anyway because it ejects the toast up into the air and you have to stand nearby, prepared to catch it.  (I can actually catch it on my plate.  He catches it with his hands.)

Ejecting Toast in a Cylon fashion.

But it’s my Cylon toaster…. Waaaaaaaa!

So last night I fixed it.  I hot glued the handle back on, much to my husband’s dismay and disgust and discouraging words – “That’ll never hold…”

So far so good.  Now that I’ve made some lemon curd I must have Cylon toast upon which to spread it.

Homemade Lemon Curd

Tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to My husband broke my Cylon toaster

1. Tim Dittmer says:

Lemon curd.

I’ll try to buy some soon, but we have SO many leftovers right now… nuts and crackers and cookies and ham and that great fruit salad stuff. Even my daughter cooked over Christmas. :-)

As for the Cylon toaster? I have to go with our regular one.

2. Oh wow, Tim. You have a stash. We do not. Wish we did! I love my Cylon toaster. It brings back good memories of Battlestar Galactica. :P

What’s going on with Oscar, getting a bit kack handed in his old age is he ;-) bet he wouldn’t be so heavy handed if wee Grace Park was in the kitchen with him making the toast ……….

Just discovered that wee Charlie has just discovered a love for lemon dessert sauce, so going to go and buy a jar of Lemon Curd, we don’t all have a lemon grove in the garden to make our own …..:-(

4. Lorca Damon says:

That is an interesting story…using his logic, I’m going to go break that vacuum cleaner because you just have to push the stupid thing back and forth, back and forth, back and forth… it’s pointless. :)

5. Oh My! Lorca, I almost spit coffee thru my nose.
    Sorry about the toaster. It’s just the handle? We can figure that out.

6. No, Tom, that would be the tall, sexy blond. I’m the one with a girl-crush on Grace Park! I told him – challenge yourself to catch the toast. It’s not so bad. So what if the Cylon toaster has super-toaster strength? It should.

Tell Charlie I’m sorry I can send over a bushel of lemons. I think somebody in your agriculture department would have a fit.

7. Couldn’t have said it better myself, Lorca. He’s just annoyed because one side toasts regular and one side toasts Cylon. Definitely break that vacuum cleaner. There is nothing more annoying than a vacuum cleaner.

Lemon curd! Nom nom nom…

I’m not really familiar with C. toasters, but I’m glad you got yours fixed.
    Happy New Year, my friend. May 2013, be all that’s wondrous.

10. Yes, indeed, Penny. Lemon curd. But my juicer broke so I can’t make more. Ordered an industrial strength juicer!

11. Thanks, Sandra – Happy New Year to you too!

12. I guess we all have appliances we can’t do without. A house guest ruined our toaster. She spread garlic butter on bread and toasted it in the toaster. From then on, the taste of garlic was a ‘feature’ of every bit of toast. We had to throw the toaster out. :(

Lemon curd looks delish! Glad you could fix your Cylon toaster! Happy, happy New Year, to you and all of yours!

14. It is good and yes, I’m glad I could fix the toaster. But unfortunately I know he will break it again. On purpose. Happy New Year, Anny!