A Parent is only as happy as her most unhappy Child.

Someone once said those words to my husband and as far as I’m concerned, truer words were never spoke.

This is a stressful time for us, folks. Bear with me. This blog is insignificant in the larger scheme of things. I’ll post when I have the heart to post.

That’s all.  Julia

An addendum.  As I told J.W. Manus this morning, this is the kind of stress that prevents me from sleeping and eating– with the exception of a single bag of kettle-cooked Salt and Vinegar potato chips.  When all else fails, pull out the big guns.

salt and vinegar

Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to A Parent is only as happy as her most unhappy Child.

1. You’re an amazing mother, I hope the crisis passes soon for all of you.

2. Thanks Kat. Unfortunately being an amazing mother isn’t always enough. Love you!

3. Tim Dittmer says:

Best thought, Julia. Head up, now.

4. Ray Plasse says:

I hope everything turns out ok Julia! As a parent of 2 kids I know just what you mean. Take care! RAY

5. I’ve been through some tough times with my kids. Hang in there. Here’s hoping the best for you and your family.

6. Hey – Let me know if I can help. Thinking of you. S

You are an amazing and strong person. I’m sure your children are too. I’ll keep you all in my thoughts in prayers that this shall pass quickly and with less stress.
    Hugs.

As you know…I have reason to know this down to the soles of my feet. My prayers and thoughts are with you all…<3

9. I know you know Anny. Thanks!

10. Thank you, Amber. Thank you, Steph. I appreciate your thoughts.

11. Thanks, Stephanie. Yup. Kids…

12. Thanks Ray, thanks Tim. Means a whole whole lot!

13. Roberta says:

All the best. You are in my thoughts and prayers. if there is anything else you think I can help with…….just ask. It shall be done. Blessings. Prayers being sent. And if it will help any, I’ll slap around anyone who needs it.

P.S. That last one is just to make you laugh.

*Hugs*

14. Laughing, Roberta! Thanks!

15. And the continuing good news is that when you have grandchildren, your worries and heartaches increase. (But then so do the joys and laughter, just like with our children.)
    Thinking of you and hoping things get better soon.

16. Hi Julia,
    We can’t control our children’s moods…all we can do is try to teach them coping skills to deal with life as it is…This is so tough. Detaching from strangers is a piece of chocolate cake. Detaching from our kids? A real challenge. But I know that this too will pass for you and they will grow and get stronger from whatever is going on. Children have to write their own life stories – often it is not the stories we want to write for them…We can’t smooth out all of life’s rough edges as much as we try.
    Be the sun in the midst of the rain.
    diana

17. Oooooh, Marylin – Now I feel a whole lot better! No, seriously, thanks. Things are better today. Reminded myself I can’t fix others, can only fix me.

18. Thanks so much Diana. There is one single thing I want out of life – I want my children to be happy. I assume it’s what every parent wants, or at least every parent who actually wants to be a parent. Yeah, gotta let them take their lumps.

19. Diana Stevan says:

Julia, the road of motherhood is tough and what you say is so true. I like what Diana said here. I wish we could make our children happy but life isn’t that simple. Hopefully your love will carry them through. They do have their own journey and part of it is managing the highs and lows that they encounter. It’s tough being a mom at their low times. It’s hard to not feel helpless. That goes with motherhood. Sending you a hug.

20. Thanks, Diana. You are so sweet. I’m calm. Much calmer today. I think it will be okay. Sometimes it seems like it won’t be okay, but I think it will be okay. Make sense? :)

21. Diana Stevan says:

Absolutely, that makes sense. Being a mom and a grandmother, I totally get it.

22. Diana – wish I could make an emoticon with a crooked smile!