Word of the day— Ouch!

I got this. No problem.

I got this. No problem.

The repair was more complicated than he thought – took 90 minutes instead of 30 but I’m doing just fine on my road to recovery. I expected the post-op pain to be 2-3 times as bad. I am pleasantly surprised to realize the pre-op pain was way worse so I’m betting I’ll get some writing done this week.

You’ll appreciate my ice bag–

Switching off between frozen okra and frozen peas.

Switching off between frozen okra and frozen peas.

And Oscar is taking excellent care of me. Jake is a little flummoxed, but when is Jake not flummoxed…

Thank you all for the well-wishes. Now go upload my freebie Space Operas on your kindles. Can’t seem to give these lovely operatic melodramatic suckers away!

Here

DOP_Exile_200And Here

DOP_Return_200

This entry was posted in book bloggers, book reviews, Books, Daughters of Persephone, erotica, popular culture, romance, Romance/Suspense, science fiction, True Love, writing and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Word of the day— Ouch!

1. Diana Stevan says:

Ouch is right. How did you get that knee injury in the first place? Wishing you a quick recovery.

2. Glad you seem to be doing okay. Get your butt better and stop damaging things. I can’t come see you the next time I am in CA if you are hurt.

3. Tore my knee a week ago, Diana. ‘Oscar’ was scheduled for surgery yesterday because he’d torn his meniscus in 2 places while running. But my injury managed to be much worse than his so he gallantly gave me his spot. Thanks!

4. I will do my best, Miss Steph. We can go to the farmer’s market at the Ferry Building in S.F.

5. Glad you are doing fine on your road to recovery. I winced just reading that but your sister’s comment about an exorcist was priceless! Love the ice bag – in my opinion that is the best use of okra (blech!) and I posted a link to your book on my FB page ;) hope it adds to your readers some. Also you are getting a Dragon Loyalty award http://wp.me/p1PhaM-2o6

6. Thanks Majik– you are the best. Now that I know you’re blogging regularly again I’ll stop by. You sure do a lot of stuff!

Yes! That’s the best use of okra that I’ve even seen! Glad you’re on the mend!

8. AD Starrling says:

Hope you feel better soon hon! XOXO

9. Thanks AD! And thanks, Anny! As it happens, I love okra. I’ll probably fry it up if it’s still good– once I get back on my feet that is!

Your ice bag looks suspiciously like the hubby’s:) Glad its in the rear view mirror for you, Julia.

11. Hope the PT isn’t too painful – be sure to do it and get those muscles and things back in shape.

The okra should be fine – maybe a bit mushy (how would you tell?) if you get it fairly soon – some dish that requires a sauce?

You’ll be back out there with the cougars and Jake in no time.

12. Ray Plasse says:

Lookin good Barrett! :D

13. Ray, you sound like my soccer coach! LMAO! Love it!

14. Thanks, Alicia! Counting on it. :)

Glad to hear you’re not in too much pain.

16. Roberta says:

Most creative ice bag ever seen. And a twofer. Double duty. You can cook them when thawed. You are a genius!!!!

17. I love okra, Roberta – have ever since I spent some time living in the South. Such a versatile food and so many people just think of it as slimy. I’ll fry ‘em up!

18. Ouch! seems like a mild response to knee surgery, Julia, but I’m very glad if you’re either on excellent pain meds or you possess a very high pain threshold. Whatever it is, like Jake I am flummoxed (such a great word) that you’re doing so well so soon…and yet you’re not out jogging the hills in the rain with Jake.
    Take care, heal well, and rest.

19. Thanks Marylin. I realized after surgery just how severe the pain had been before surgery. This just ain’t bad. Give me a month or so and I’ll be back out there. :)